Last quality check
- When the bananas have left the farm and come to Asoguabo’s warehouse in the port, the quality is checked one more time.
- The controller checks the appearance and pulp of the fruits, makes sure there are no insects in the boxes and that they are packed and labelled correctly.
- He also checks the temperature inside the bananas. If they are too warm they can ripen too early, before they reach Europe.
- The temperature is measured by sticking a thermometer into the bananas. The temperature cannot exceed 29 degrees.
- When the controller has approved the sample in one or two boxes he gives the order to unload the rest of the boxes from the truck.
- If the sample is not approved, the whole shipment is discarded.
- The controllers are not employed by Asoguabo. They work for a company Asoguabo buys the service from.