The boxes are packed
- A box should contain 18,14 kilos of bananas. That means the person who is packing has to fit just that much into the box. It can be a real puzzle.
- The bananas are placed in rows with thick protective paper and a plastic bag in between.
- There are tricks to make all the bananas fit in the box without scraping against each other. The smallest ones are placed at the bottom, and the most curved ones on top of them.
- When the box is filled, the plastic bag is tied shut and the lid placed on the box.
- For a fast and experienced packer the process only takes a couple of minutes per box.